I have come across many unpleasant comments and/or confrontations (non-physical) when walking my fur baby. It deeply saddens my heart to hear such horrible things people can blur out but it hurts most when my 3yr old hears those comments & asks "Mommy, why do they say bad things about Maverick?" I simply tell her that they don't know him and don't know how sweet he is.
I understand peoples fear to dogs because i was terrified of any dog but unlike them, I've never went out of my way to make horrible comments about their dog. If they only knew that my Maverick is a big baby, he loves his family just as much as we love him. His wagging tail always welcomes us home & his slobbering kisses fill us with laughter.
Here are some facts about bully breeds:
* The American Bully is a happy, outgoing, stable and confident dog.
* Gentle, loving, good natured, extremely loyal and an affectionate family pet.
* This unique breed is noted for displaying extreme tolerance with children & an overwhelming eagerness to please its family.
* Extremely courageous & intelligent guard dog, full of life.
* Versatile & capable of accomplishing a wide variety of tasks.
* Overall the American Bully is a well-rounded, reliable, trustworthy & ideal family companion.
When we live with dogs, we become their pack. The entire pack cooperates under a single leader; lines are clearly defined. You must show your dog that you are the leader & establish boundaries for them. With rules, tolerance, & love your relationship with your dog can be a success. (Any breed of dog)
Before you label my breed or any type of dog that seems dangerous to you, be sure you know what you are talking about, because ignorance spreads quickly & thats how wrong information goes around. So please:
DON'T BULLY MY BREED!!
|If you are going to judge him by his size, do so but only judge the size of his HEART!!|
|" Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, never owned a dog."|