I lost myself?






I never have felt more complete than the moment I became a mom. The moment she was placed in my arms was the precise moment I felt more alive than ever, my heart, my being was complete. 
Honestly there aren't any words to describe the emotions that over take you at that moment, friends who aren't parents yet ask me to describe it but words always come short.
I just state "You feel complete." 

These past 4 years that have gone by watching my little one grow into the smart, brave, curious, funny, sassy and beautiful little lady she is have been wonderful, crazy, overwhelming and beautiful and definitely looking forward to the years to come. 

While on this mommy journey, I kinda of feel that I lost myself. Not only was I a new mommy but also a wife. Mommy & wife duties were keeping me on my toes, trying to be the best version of these new titles that I earned. 
But was that all I was? Was I wrong for feeling that way? Was I the only one who ever felt lost?

I felt like I couldn't talk to other moms as I felt like they would judge me or make me feel bad for even thinking this. I remember this one specific night where I couldn't fall asleep and stumbled upon a blog which for the life of me I can't remember the name of, well this blog had a post talking about the same thing I was feeling. 
I recall feeling a sense of relief knowing I was not alone, knowing that it was okay to feel anxious and/or lost in this new chapter of my life. 

Do I still feel lost at times? YES
Is it ok to feel lost? YES

Motherhood, Wife-hood (lol) and all new chapters will bring forward new emotions or ones you felt but will feel stronger are ok. It's ok to feel overwhelmed at times, just take a step back and know you're not alone. 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9